What are 5 things you can do to improve biodiversity?
Leave critical wildlife habitat undisturbed, especially nesting and denning sites. Promote wildlife use by setting up bird and bat houses. Eradicate and control introduced weeds on your property. Keep vehicles on main roads to reduce the spread of weeds and disturbance to wildlife.
How can we help promote biodiversity?
Let’s take a look at 35+ ways the environment benefits from the focus of biodiversity.
- Purchase products that have eco-labels for reference. …
- Recycle all plastic and glass products as a household. …
- Reduce or eliminate the use of products that come in aerosol cans. …
- Purchase eco-friendly appliances for your home and office.
How can we promote biodiversity in the Philippines?
- Conserve biodiversity in forest areas and reduce forest degradation in priority watersheds.
- Build capacity to manage forest areas at the national and sub-national levels.
- Strengthen disaster-risk reduction programs.
How does an increase in biodiversity influence balance in an ecosystem?
Increasing species diversity can influence ecosystem functions — such as productivity — by increasing the likelihood that species will use complementary resources and can also increase the likelihood that a particularly productive or efficient species is present in the community.
How is the biodiversity of the Philippine areas?
The Philippines is one of 18 mega-biodiverse countries of the world, containing two-thirds of the earth’s biodiversity and between 70% and 80% of the world’s plant and animal species. The Philippines ranks fifth in the number of plant species and maintains 5% of the world’s flora.