MANILA, April 16 (Reuters) – The Philippines said on Friday it was revising up its target to cut greenhouse gas emissions to a 75% reduction by 2030 under its commitment to the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, up from a target of 70% set four years ago.
What are some solutions to climate change in the Philippines?
Here are some policies needed this year to steer the country towards a climate-friendly path.
- Phase out of committed coal-fired plants. …
- Tap the US$30 billion renewable energy investment opportunity. …
- A national plastic reduction roadmap. …
- Scaling up funding for nature-based solutions to protect forests.
What is the current solution for climate change?
Changing our main energy sources to clean and renewable energy is the best way to stop using fossil fuels. These include technologies like solar, wind, wave, tidal and geothermal power. Switch to sustainable transport. Petrol and diesel vehicles, planes and ships use fossil fuels.
What is a solution to stop climate change?
For example, improvements to energy efficiency and vehicle fuel economy, increases in wind and solar power, biofuels from organic waste, setting a price on carbon, and protecting forests are all potent ways to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide and other gases trapping heat on the planet.
How can students help prevent climate change?
1. Conserve energy in your everyday life.
- Turn off the lights.
- Close doors immediately so heat does not escape.
- Take short showers.
- Walk or bike if you can (instead of having your parents drive you).
- Turn off your computer when not in use (don’t leave it on just to keep Facebook or Myspace active).
How is Philippines affected by climate change?
Impacts of climate change in the Philippines are immense, including: annual losses in GDP, changes in rainfall patterns and distribution, droughts, threats to biodiversity and food security, sea level rise, public health risks, and endangerment of vulnerable groups such as women and indigenous people.
How can we reduce the effect of climate change essay?
Firstly, we must stop deforestation in all forms. Do not cut down more trees as it will only worsen the level of carbon dioxide in the air. Instead, encourage people to plant even more trees to create a fine balance in nature. Moreover, it reduces the usage of energy everywhere.
What are the 4 ways that climate change can be managed?
Mitigation involves reducing the causes of climate change by reducing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- Alternative energy production. …
- Carbon capture. …
- Planting trees. …
- International agreements. …
- Change in agricultural systems. …
- Managing water supply. …
- Reducing risk from rising sea levels.
How could people deal with the effects of climate change?
For example, improved land-use planning could help keep people away from flood-prone areas, and stronger building codes could help reduce the impact of extreme events. Adaptation policies can also help establish planning and recovery procedures for dealing with climate impacts.