Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors that determine climate?
Introduction: Climate is determined by the temperature and precipitation characteristics of a region over time. The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents.
What are the 5 elements of climate?
These elements are solar radiation, temperature, humidity, precipitation (type, frequency, and amount), atmospheric pressure, and wind (speed and direction).
What are the 5 factors that affect climate quizlet?
Terms in this set (5)
- Latitude. – the further you move away from the equator, north or south, the cooler the temperature. …
- Air Masses. – air masses carry the conditions from where they originate. …
- Elevation / Altitude. – the higher it is from sea level the cooler the temperature. …
- Proximity to Water. …
What are the 4 factors that cause climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the major determinants of climate of a place explain them?
The climate of any particular place is influenced by a host of interacting factors. These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
How is climate determined?
Climate is determined by the long-term pattern of temperature and precipitation averages and extremes at a location. … Climate descriptions can refer to areas that are local, regional, or global in extent.
What are the 3 main factors that determine Earth’s climate?
Climate is usually described in terms of the mean and variability of temperature, precipitation and wind over a period of time, ranging from months to millions of years (the classical period is 30 years).
What are the 6 major controls of the climate of the world?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What are the 6 elements of climate?
Air (Atmospheric) Pressure 3. Wind (Speed & Direction) 4. Humidity 5. Precipitation 6.
Which factors are used to differentiate climate regions?
Geographers recognize a number of factors that affect a region’s climate:
- proximity to large water bodies, mountains, or other surface features.
- ocean circulation patterns.
- long-term atmospheric circulation.
Which of these is not a factor in determining climate?
Longitude is the factor that does not determine the climate of the place.
What are five factors that affect current flow quizlet?
Terms in this set (23)
- Five Factors that affect current flow. wind, water salinity, heat content, bottom topography, and earth’s rotation.
- moon phases. …
- Causes of Upwelling. …
- Deep water formation. …
- upwelling. …
- it reverses twice a year. …
- Gulf Stream. …
- because there are faster currents on the Western side.