The correct answer is Maintaining sacred groves. Maintaining the sacred groves is not a reason for a decrease in biodiversity.
What are the reason for loss of biodiversity?
The numerous factors are responsible for the loss of Biodiversity (Figure 1) such as pollution, habitat loss, hunting, introduction of invasive species, overexploitation of preferred species, climate change, and natural disasters.
What three things would decrease biodiversity?
Important direct drivers affecting biodiversity are habitat change, climate change, invasive species, overexploitation, and pollution (CF4, C3, C4. 3, S7).
Which of the following is not a part of biodiversity?
Although important to the ecosystem, abiotic factors are not part of Earth’s biodiversity. Abiotic factors are the non-living things in an ecosystem….
What are the causes of loss of biodiversity class 12?
Causes for Loss of Biodiversity
- Habitat loss and fragmentation.
- Alien species invasions.
How can biodiversity be reduced?
10 Ways to Protect and Conserve Biodiversity
- Government legislation.
- Nature preserves.
- Reducing invasive species.
- Habitat restoration.
- Captive breeding and seed banks.
- Reduce climate change.
- Purchase sustainable products.
What is an example of biodiversity loss?
An example of biodiversity loss was the extinction of over 200 species of cichlids in Lake Victoria; this was caused by the introduction of the Nile Perch as well as increased agriculture and fishing. Unlike the five previous mass extinctions, the current one is a result of detrimental human activities.
What are the causes of loss of biodiversity Brainly?
Important factors leading to loss of biodiversity are: habitat loss and fragmentation; introduction of non-native species; over exploitation; soil, water and atmospheric pollution; and intensive agriculture and forestry.
Which of the following affects biodiversity?
The main threats facing biodiversity globally are: destruction, degradation and fragmentation of habitats. reduction of individual survival and reproductive rates through exploitation, pollution and introduction of alien species.
Which of the following is not a reason why biodiversity important?
* Biodiversity loss would decrease water quality. There are too many animal species on the world. Many species act as a pest control Biodiversity ensures food security by supplying a wide variety of plant and animals species for nutrients. Biodiversity loss decreases available nutrition
What below is not a part of biodiversity?
Hint: The variety of life on earth and variation at the genetic and species level of the ecosystem is biodiversity. It is richer in the tropics and is not evenly distributed on Earth. Complete answer: Lesser interspecific competition is not observed in biodiversity Hotspots.
What are the 4 types of biodiversity?
Four Types of Biodiversity
- Species Diversity. Every ecosystem contains a unique collection of species, all interacting with each other. …
- Genetic Diversity. Genetic diversity describes how closely related the members of one species are in a given ecosystem. …
- Ecosystem Diversity. …
- Functional Diversity.
What are the 4 main causes of biodiversity loss?
Biodiversity loss is caused by five primary drivers: habitat loss, invasive species, overexploitation (extreme hunting and fishing pressure), pollution, climate change associated with global warming. In each case, human beings and their activities play direct roles.
What are the 5 major causes of biodiversity loss?
CAUSES OF BIODIVERSITY LOSS
- Climate change.
- Destruction of habitats.
- Invasive alien species.
- Overexploitation of the natural environment.
- Extinction of species.
- Threat to human beings.
- Proliferation of pests.
What are the causes of depletion of biodiversity in India?
Loss of Biodiversity in India: 13 Causes
- Cause # 1. Habitat Fragmentation:
- Cause # 2. Introduced Species:
- Cause # 3. Overexploitation of Plant and Animal Species:
- Cause # 4. Pollution of Soil, Water and Atmosphere:
- Cause # 5. Global Climate Change:
- Cause # 6. …
- Cause # 7. …
- Cause # 8.