Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the factors influencing climate?
There are lots of factors that influence our climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are four factors that affect climate quizlet?
Terms in this set (123)
- zones of latitude.
- wind currents.
- ocean currents.
What are the 5 factors that influence climate?
Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the three factors that influence climate quizlet?
What are the three factors that affect temperature? latitude, altitude, distance from oceans and lakes. Earth’s surface is divided into three temperature zones. area near the equator that has warm climate since it receives direct sunlight all year.
What are the four comfort factors?
The 4 Factors of Comfort
- Temperature. How hot or cold is it? Humans like to be in the range of 70 to 80 degrees, more or less. This is the most obvious of the 4 factors of comfort and gets the most attention.
- Humidity. How much moisture is in the air? Forty to sixty percent relative humidity is the ideal range.
Which of the following is the biggest factor that affects climate?
On the surface, the greatest factor affecting Earth is sunlight. Sun provides energy for living organisms, and it drives our planet’s weather and climate by creating temperature gradients in the atmosphere and oceans.
What are three factors that influence climate?
The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents. The precipitation characteristics of a region are influenced by factors such as proximity to mountain ranges and prevailing winds.
What are some factors that influence natural climate variation?
The earth’s climate is influenced and changed through natural causes like volcanic eruptions, ocean currents, the Earth’s orbital changes, solar variations and internal variability.