What can you not put in the yellow bin?
What you can’t put in the yellow lid bin
- plastic bags and soft plastics such as bread bags, biscuit and confectionery packets, frozen food, rice and pasta bags.
- bioplastics or compostable plastic packaging.
- polystyrene: takeaway food containers, meat trays, foam packaging.
- light globes, mirrors and window glass.
What can I put in my yellow bin?
Recycling bin (yellow lid)
- Clean paper and cardboard (newspapers, magazines, junk mail, envelopes, egg cartons, cardboard boxes – flattened).
- Juice and milk cartons.
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Aluminium/steel cans and lids.
- Aerosol cans (empty).
What items Cannot be recycled?
- Food waste.
- Food-tainted items (such as: used paper plates or boxes, paper towels, or paper napkins)
- Ceramics and kitchenware.
- Windows and mirrors.
- Plastic wrap.
- Packing peanuts and bubble wrap.
- Wax boxes.
Can you put a toaster in the bin?
Do not dump your electronics like hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, toasters etc. in your bin.
Can shampoo bottles be recycled?
People have often wondered whether shampoo bottles lurking around in their homes are recyclable. … And, in the recycling system, plastic materials are often suitable for recycling. So, once you have shampoo bottles that are plastic material, you should relax. The news remains that the shampoo bottles are recyclable.
What plastic goes in the yellow bin?
Ice cream containers and lids, yoghurt , margarine and butter containers, juice bottles, bottle caps, straws, plant pots and plastic takeaway containers. YES rigid hard plastic containers can be recycled. Plastic lids and caps should be placed inside a clear milk bottle, and once full placed in your yellow bin.
What can I put in my garbage bin?
Items Accepted in the Black Bin
- Liner bags (cereal, cookies, crackers)
- Black plastic food containers, cutlery and lids.
- Hot drink cups (recycle non-black lids and sleeves)
- Cold drink cups and straws (recycle lids)
- Plastic bubble wrap.
- Laminated plastic film (stand-up pouches, snack food bags)
What are three examples of items that Cannot be recycled?
Not everything can be recycled, even if it’s made up of recyclable materials. Plastics like clothes hangers, grocery bags, and toys aren’t always recyclable in your curbside bin. Other things that aren’t recyclable include Styrofoam, bubble wrap, dishes, and electronic cords.
What are 10 things you can recycle?
Top 10 Items That Should Always Be Recycled
- Newspapers. Newspapers are one of the easiest materials to recycle. …
- Mixed Paper. …
- Glossy Magazines and Ads. …
- Cardboard. …
- Paperboard. …
- Plastic Drink Bottles. …
- Plastic Product Bottles. …
- Aluminum Cans.
What to recycle and what not to recycle?
What Can and Can’t be Recycled
- Paper: office paper, magazines, newspapers and junk mail.
- Green, clear and brown glass bottles and jars.
- Juice and milk cartons.
- All hard plastic bottles and containers marked, but no lids please.
- Steel (tin) and aluminium cans and empty aerosols.